Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I need to know about operating an electric bike?
An electric bike (e-bike) falls into the same classification as a conventional bicycle. There are only two main legal requirements you must adhere to, to ride an e-Bike:
• All operators must be 16 years of age or older
• All operators must always wear an approved bicycle helmet
Here are some other Requirements:
• All electrical terminals must be completely covered.
• Two independent braking systems consistent with requirements for motorcycles and motor-assisted bicycles (mopeds) that applies force to each wheel and is capable of bringing the e-bike, while being operated at a speed of 30 km/h, to a full stop within 9 metres from the point at which the brakes were applied.
• The minimum wheel width or diameter cannot be less than 35mm/350mm.
• No modifications to the motor to allow it to exceed a power output greater than 500W and a speed greater than 32 km/h.
• The battery and motor must be securely fastened to the vehicle to prevent them from moving while the e-bike is operating.
2. Do I need a license, insurance, or any other documentation to operate an e-Bike?
If the operator of an e-Bike is 16 years of age or older and has an approved bicycle helmet, there are no other major requirements that must be met. The following are NOT required to operate an e-Bike:
• Driver's license
• Written test
• Vehicle registration or plate
• Motor vehicle liability insurance
3. What is the battery power range and how long does it take for a full charge?
The Landline Runner has a 36V 250W Electric Motor that provides a 30 – 40 KM range (depending on weight and type of use). This battery can be fully charged in 3 hours!
4. How do I activate and control the electric battery power on my bike?
There are two ways that your e-Bike works to support you as you ride: Pedal Assist (Pedelec) which provides battery power as you pedal; and a Twist and Go throttle on the handle bar, which provides power on demand.
Pedal Assist or Pedelec kicks in when you are pedalling. The e-Bike will sense your speed, cadence and/or torque and adjust the motor speed to match. On a throttle equipped bike, when you are in this mode and engage the throttle it will give you a significant boost. Pedal Assist or Pedelec will yield the best range and overall experience!
Twist & Go/Power on Demand is a feature on a throttle equipped e-Bike. With a simple twist of the throttle the E-Bike will engage the battery and you will instantly feel the power as you propel forward. When using this mode, there is no need to pedal since the e-Bike itself can do all the work! its important to note in this mode you will be using more of the batteries power and may have lower overall range.
5. What is the maximum speed of the Landline Runner e-bike?
The legal travel top speed of an E-bike on roads is 32km/h. The Landline Runner has a top speed of 25 KM/H.
6. How long is the warranty and what does it cover?
One-year comprehensive warranty for the bike, charger and battery. Any factory defect will cover parts and labor. Roadside assistance or any shipping related will be an extra cost. Physical damage is not covered.
7.Can I still use the bike lane when I ride?
YES! An e-Bike falls into the same classification as a Bicycle, so it has the same benefits when you ride it!
8. How long will it take to receive my e-bike?
All in-stock Landline e-Bikes are processed and shipped within 24 hours of an order being placed. Please allow anywhere from 2 – 7 days for delivery in Ontario and 7 – 14 days for deliveries outside of Ontario. Home delivery and assembly by our dedicated team of professionals depending on location. The team at Landline is available through its Customer Support line should you have any questions or require more details on delivery and timing – email@example.com
9. How do I get support, service or maintain my e-bike?
Need some help after your purchase? We’re here to help. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide prompt support. Need to service or fix your bike? We can arrange to have one our experienced mobile bike technicians to come to you. For service and repairs not under warranty, additional fees may apply.
10. Can I test ride a bike?
Yes! There is the ability to test ride an e-Bike but this may vary depending on Location. Currently in the Greater Toronto Area Landline offers test rides and as our network of brand ambassadors continues to grow there will be more opportunities in other city’s and towns across Canada! If you are interested in becoming a Landline Ambassador and/or booking a test ride, please email us at email@example.com
11. Government of Ontario E-Bike Info
For more information on E-Bikes in Ontario and to get more answers to frequently asked questions please visit: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/driver/electric-bicycles-faq.shtml